Coppice HRHR News
Are Your HR Procedures & Policies Up To Date? Check Your HR Compliance In Under 5 Minutes
Effective HR increases productivity, reduces corporate risk, measures performance, removes complexity and improves workplace culture.
There’s an increasing pressure for HR to be up to scratch and for companies to maintain HR compliance in an ever-changing world of Employment Law. Do you keep your HR policies updated?
For the business owners adopting the role of HR alongside other commitments, you might not feel confident in your HR compliance, or simply don’t have the time to keep your eye on changing laws and making updates.
Our HR expert has created the below method of checking your HR compliance in under 5 minutes – it has never been easier!
How compliant are your HR policies?
Answer these HR questions with either ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to gain an overview of your current HR health!
Do you issue Contracts of Employment to employees either on or before their start date?
- Do you check that people joining your business have the right to live and work in the UK?
- Do you have up to date job descriptions for all of the roles in your business?
- Have your employees signed a GDPR Employee Agreement?
- Do you have an Employee Handbook? Has it been reviewed in the past 12 months?
- Do you have written disciplinary and grievances procedures that reflect the ACAS Code of Practice?
- Do your employees know the Company’s aims and objectives and are these directly linked to their key responsibilities?
- Are you confident that your policies and procedures comply with legislation e.g disability, maternity, paternity, flexible working etc.?
- Are you confident about the use of social media in the organisation?
- Do you record the number of days lost due to sickness absence and the financial cost this can have to your business?
- Do you have a clear procedure for dealing with poor performance?
- Are all of your employees aware of your Equal Opportunities Policy?
- Is there a recognition scheme in place for rewarding employees who go the extra mile?
- Do you have both 2-way formal and informal communication with your staff?
- Do you know that if you lose at a tribunal the compensation awarded could be increased by up to 25% if you failed to follow a fair process?
How does this determine the health of your HR?
The results are in… how many times did you answer yes? Add up the number of ‘yes’ answers you gave.
If you answered ‘yes’ to anything between 1 and 10 times, you should consider getting your HR policies reviewed by an expert, or dedicate some time reviewing them yourself to ensure your business does not face any expensive consequences.
If you answered 11-15 questions with ‘yes’ – well done! You’re on track with your HR procedures, ensure you keep up the good work as and when new changes are introduced to avoid falling behind.
Has this confused you? Get a detailed audit to help determine the effectiveness of your HR, assesses the legal compliance and provides cost-effective business solutions, this can be conducted by experts at Coppice HR.
For initial confidential, no-obligation talk, call Paul Palmer on 07814008478 or email email@example.com.
Schedule an Appointment